Following are the steps to clean your Kitchenaid artisan stand mixer:
1. First unplug your stand mixer before cleaning it.
2. Then remove the beater attachments and bowl.
3. Wash the white flat beater, white dough hook and bowl in an automatic dishwasher or clean them in hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly before drying.
4. Hand wash the wire whip, burnished dough hook and burnished flat beater and dry immediately. These three attachments are not dishwasher safe.
5. Wipe the beater shaft regularly with a damp cloth to remove the accumulated food residue. The beater shaft is the area where you attach the beaters to the mixer.
6. Wipe off the bowl clamping plate (the area where you attach the bowl to the mixer) after each use to remove dried food spills to prevent sticking up.
7. Wipe the stand mixer itself with a soft, damp cloth to remove food stains. Do not use any household or commercial cleaners on your mixer and do not immerse it in water.
8. Cleaning the attachments: While most attachments are dishwasher safe, some requires hand washing in a warm sudsy water with a mild detergent. Be sure to refer your attachments’ instruction manual for cleaning instructions before you clean your attachments.
Read Other Related Articles: